Wednesday, August 5, 2009

new sewing project

since i work all day and only have evenings and some lunches to work on my projects i think it's okay to post progess on projects rather than just completed items. otherwise, i'd have nothing to write about and it wouldn't be a blog.

anyhoo... so i decided leah's present would be those same pajamas i made julian. this time i'm determined to learn from my mistakes, though... starting with actually washing the fabric first! a big important step, is what they say. and also this time... i'm not going to mess up the pants! (i already have a plan for that.) wish me luck!

here are some exciting photos of me cutting out the fabric. (which is as far as i've gotten on this and it's just the pants pieces so far!) it's a long, drawn out process for someone as inexperienced as me. the fabric is from the far far away line by heather ross. i chose the green unicorn pattern over the pink princess and pea one... looks like that will be used on something for gracie :) (who i'm also going to see on my trip back east at the end of the month i decided yesterday. lots of sewing to do!!)



No comments:

Post a Comment