Friday, August 20, 2010

t-shirt necklace

a girl from my knitting club at work showed up one day with this pretty cool necklace/scarf on.  it didn't take long before we all realized it was made out of a t-shirt and that we could make our own!

when the boo realized this cool new t-shirt he had just bought on sale was a girls' tee, and after giving it to me i realized it was too big to wear, i decided this was the shirt i'd be using for my t-shirt necklace.

i looked up directions online here and this is what i came up with:






the best tip i got from that link i posted with the directions is that if you want the t-shirt strips to curl to show the front of the t-shirt (once you stretch the strips to make them curl), you have to cut strips vertically, and for the opposite, you have to cut strips horizontally.

after looking at this last photo of me wearing it, i'm not actually sure i really like it.  maybe it's too much of a choker?  or not interesting enough?  not sure...  maybe i'll have to try again and somehow figure out how to make it longer.

1 comment:

  1. Um...I love it so if you need to give it to me for my birthday, I'll take it:)

    ReplyDelete