Friday, May 15, 2009

my favorite jeans

i love these jeans.  maybe a little more when they were dark and...  did we really say dirt washed (?).  my mom bought them for me when she had a 50% discount at henry bendel...  and got mad they were almost $300 before the discount.  but i made it up to her by wearing them probably more than anyone should ever wear a pair of jeans.

at some point they became my junk jeans and after finding themselves with me while i helped gut a house in the lower 9th ward in new orleans, they ended up in the trash...  for maybe about 10 minutes before i saved them.  i just couldn't do it.

i haven't really worn them much since then, but brought them back yesterday since they went well with my stay-at-home childless mom theme... because what stay-at-home mom has time to look nice??  (even if they don't have kids?)

when every time i bent my knee they ripped even further, the thought of throwing them out came up again.  but luckily for me...  and the jeans...  i had discovered The Glue Gun yesterday and they were saved by the fact that my only thoughts were of gluing things together.  somehow the jeans ended up near some scrap fabric from julian's pajamas...  and voila!  patches!

No comments:

Post a Comment